Here are my favorite things from this past week!
- 4 oz homemade kombucha
- ¼ cup homemade sauerkraut
- ½ tin of Brisling sardines
- 8 oz homemade bone broth
- 8-16 oz coffee with coconut oil or grass fed butter (and sometimes homemade almond milk)
I find that getting all of these nutrients in first thing not only jump-starts me in the right direction for the day, but makes me feel great! It also ensures that I get these all-important nutrients in when they could often fall by the wayside.
Favorite “I Ate”:
- Lemon artichoke chicken from Practical Paleo (a new favorite!)
- Stuffed cabbage from Practical Paleo
- Flourless brownies from Practical Paleo (can you see a trend?!)
- Paleo Pad Thai from the Food Lovers’ Kitchen (with spaghetti squash – yum!)
Additionally, I had the opportunity to dine at a fabulous farm-to-table restaurant in Lexington, VA: The Red Hen. It was my first farm-to-table dining experience, as well as my first time dining in a restaurant alone! More on that to come!
Favorite “I Read”:
- This post on Paleo for Women about cleaning up your space. So relevant to my life right now – more on that later!
- This post on Mark’s Daily Apple about negative emotions and how they can take a toll. I feel that with all the focus on diet and exercise, this is often overlooked!
- Of course, this week’s Balanced Bites Podcast that answered my adrenal question!